Quote of the Day: Modern Conservatism
…the unreported story of our times is that birtherism isn’t an isolated example of paranoid lunacy taking hold of a disturbingly large segment of the population — in fact, modern conservatism is driven by multiple lunatic theories that are precisely as delusional as birtherism.
True…but the mulitple lunacies have been reported time and time again. The problem is that the people who should be paying attention aren’t listening to anyone whose first name isn’t Rush, Glenn or Sean.
- Obama is a Muslim
- Obama is a Communist
- Obama is the anti-Christ
- Obama eats little white babies on Tuesdays (made that one up…but not by much)
- Tax cuts for the rich create jobs
- Homosexuality is a perversion and can be cured with prayer
- The Tea Party is a grassroots movement
- Corporations are people
- Bush, Palin and Bachmann have functioning brains
- Abstinence education prevents teenage pregnancies
- Climate change is a hoax
- The GOP in its current state is a serious political party
- FOX News is fair and balanced
- The Affordable Care Act creates death panels
- Creationism is science
- Evolution is a flawed theory
And on it goes…the delusional theories of a self-destructing political party.